Powered By Blogger

xoves, 7 de xullo de 2016

JUNE

Hi everyone!
A lot of the exchange students are already back in their home countries and here I am, still in he US. I've been lucky enough to get to extent my period here and enjoy a few more weeks with my family and friends. I'm already going to tell you that thi is not going to be my last post, I'll make another one about Colorado and the last goodbyes, but as today, half the way through the week, the goodbyes have already started and I guess the happy posts are coming to an end. So let's get started.

The weeks after school was over where a mixture of multiple trips and a come and go to open houses graduation parties that they do in America.  One of those days we went to Maria's go away party and to Andrew's open house. Maria left the 18 th of June but she had an early goodbye party. Andrew's open house was an all day event so we were day all day, which was fun and we also spent the night at his house.


The next day, Andrew and Braeden took me to a gun show. I only have two words to describe it: terrifying and surprisingly amazing. It was such a different experience and I know I would have never being able to go somewhere like that in Spain which made it all an adventure. It definitely was worth the trip there because 've never seen so many weapons all together in my life. I'm really glad they took me because it's another part of America, and I hadn't discovered yet. After that we went through Butler, Andrew's future college, and I got to see some of the campus, which I have to say is incredibly pretty. Overall, it was a great day!

























I had dinner with Mork and her host family, it was her goobye dinner. Mork has been one of the greatest friends I've ever had. She has been there for me during this whole year and seeing her go back home broke my heart. We've lived so many things together and not seeing her everyday at school or sharing moments and first things with her is definitely going to be hard. But I'm not there yet. We hanged out, we watched movies, I helped her pack and she baked me cookies :))) Our coordinator Lynne picked us up the next day and we went with Maria and Nermina to our high school to take some pics with our caps and gowns.





















I got to hang out with Paige, Elizabeth and Bailey a few days after that and here you go, a pic of the beautiful bonfire we had.
We had the newspaper party, where I got the award for best overall staff member which totally made my day. It was fun to hang out with all the guys before leaving just like we´ve doing during the school year. We went to Josh's house and we had a bunch of food. My newspaper teacher wrote me this beautiful note and gave this picture frame as a goodbye present and it was just so sweet. I have to admit that when we were going around and we were saying our favorite things about newspaper I kinda started crying a little bit, but oh well, I don't think a lot of people noticed.
Claire, Fedje and me

Yep

My newspaper teacher and me

All the newspaper fam

Just seniors
So for national best friends day Lorenzo made this picture of all of us and I love it so I think it deserves to appear in my blog.
Those nice eyebrows belong to Erin, and then going counterclockwise is Cameron, Andrew, me, Donovan, Lorenzo, Kellie, Braeden and Bailey.
And... Commencement!!! The Graduation ceremony was just like in the movies and I felt so happy walking as anyy other student to get my diploma, even when is fake, because I'm not going to have that in Spain. It was such a special moment and I can not even describe  how much it meant to me.


Mork and me at her house before graduation.

Elizabeth, Paige, Bailey and me.


Jordan and me


Lexi, Jordan and me.

Addie and me.

Mork, Mina, Maria and me.

Annie and me.

Just a screenshot from Maddie's snapchat :(






Josh and me.

Cheyenne, me and Mork.

Elliot and me.

Andrew and me.
















The day after graduation was one of the saddest I've ever had. You would think that I would be still excited about what had happened the day before. I guess I should have but you can't when your best friend is leaving. Mork was leaving the next day after graduation and my heart was just broken. I went wth my mom to say goodbye at the airport the next day. We chatted for a while because we had plenty of time and we joked around. My mom had to leave earlier ecause she had a meeting at 9 am and that was the first sad moment, but I was able to smile and think that it would be ok. After that we took a picture and just talked about stupid things. I'm writing this and tears are coming to my eyes, saying bye to Mork was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Her flight was called so we started to say goodbye, both of us had written notes to each other so we exchanged them and we started going to the gate. We got to the last part where we could be with her, and I still could not believe she was leaving. Her dad hugge her and told her how much they loved her and how much thy were going to miss her, her mom did as well. By that point both her mom and I were already crying. Her little siblings said bye to her not even undestanding whar was happening and why everybody was so sad. And then it was me. I only wante to hug her and don't let her go. In Thailand they don't hug that much and I know that probably that was the longest hug she is going to have in a long time. I miss her so much. She was one of the best friends I've made during this year and I can not assume that  she's not here anymore. I cried so much during that hug and I could only tell her how much I loved her and how I would never let our friendship die. The moment she said the last goodbye I just cried, I stopped trying to be silent, to be strong. Tears were running down my face and I didn't care because she wasn't there and I dind' know when it would be the next time I would see her. Everyday  I miss her so much and I can not stop thinking about how it would be if we were able to start this year all over again. I'm never going to be able to describe how good of a person she is or how much she has helped me. Thanks Mork. The car ride back home was as bad as it could be expected. Mork's siblings all mad and me and a sad mom in the front seats. Mork's mom said goodbye to me and there it was my second goodbye of the day. I'll never forget that day, as well as I would never forget how when we were heading to the parking lot Mork's youngest sibling, who is 2, could't stop repeating where's Mork? I want to go with her. Where's Mork?
Mork and me.

Wirh Mork's sister.
We went to support Donovan in his friends and family show with the Madison Scouts.

























My mom, Sara and I went to SouthBend to attend Daniel's open house, he's Sara's cousin. Apart from seeing the family we had time to make a little trip to Michigan so I could added it to my list of visited states,





That's me in Michigan.
I spent a day downtown with Cheyenne...


















We went to the State Museum and later I found out that my friend Roque had been there almost at the same time! I signed in a board in the museum and he did too, he sent me a pic thinking how funny it was that there was a Sara from Spain without knowing it was me.

I visited the Children's Museum of Indianapolis with my grandad, it is the best in the world!































Paige and I spent a day together to say goodbye. She left for vacation so we would not be able to see each other before I go to Colorado. We went Bowling, then we had lunch, we watched Me Before You and we just hanged around at my house. She got me a picture of us with a note to say bye and it was so sad. Paige has been with me in band this whole year. We met because I was first chair and she was second and from there we became friends. I'm already missing her and I can not thank her enough for the amazing person she has being during this year with me. We are so similar and there's not a lot of people with who I can be as open as with her. I know she will visit me in Spain and I'm so looking forward to that. I'm neer going to forget every moment with you Paige, and I know that we'll always be friends.



I went kayaking with my mom and Claire...




I spent the night at Claire's and we went to Annie's open house.


So I got burnt kayaking bc I forgot to put sunscreen in one leg and that's me with a wet towel trying to watch one of my fave movies with Claire.
I WENT FLYING AND I EVEN DROVE THE PLANE FOR A LITTLE BIT!!!! WE DID A BUNCH OF AWESOME STUFF IN THE AIR AND IT WAS JUST THE COOLEST THING EVER!!






























I went downtown again with Claire and then with Sara and her friends.






4th of July came and what we basically did was going to the parade  (Erin was playing) and to Wyatt's pool party!




























Last, Claire and Cheyenne took me to the Cheesecake Factory and Claire and I said bye to each other bc probably we won't see each other before I leave.




I have no words to describe how sad it was to say bye to Claire, she has been always here for me and her friendship means the world to me. I cried of course, but I hope we have a chance to say goodbye again.
And this is it. I have three days left in Indy and then I'll be off to Colorado and after two days there going back to Spain. I don't even want to talk about it, i is too much for me. The only thing I can say is thank you, to all of my friends and family.
The next post will probably be the last one and there during the 5 hours of waiting that I will have in NY, I'll talk about everything and let the tears run freely down my face. But today, I want to keep a smile on my face even when if it is just for a few more days.
See you soon.

Ningún comentario:

Publicar un comentario